Koi fish farming in Bangladesh is a very easy job to do. All you need are warm temperature (at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit), clean water, sunlight, and food. When starting koi fish farming , you want to develop your feed or you can use others’ feed. It is a good practice to make your feed for a better quality of koi fish.
Some of the ingredients for the feed include wheat flour, sweet potatoes powder, and soybean meal among other things. Another important thing is the pond itself that needs to be made carefully.
- 1 How to start Koi fish farming In Bangladesh?
- 2 Koi fish farming instruction is below:
- 3 Other care and management:
- 4 Marketing:
- 5 10 benefits of Thai koi farming:
- 6 Tips for Thai koi farming:
- 7 In summary:
How to start Koi fish farming In Bangladesh?
In case you are planning to start a koi fish farming business, you need to make one good pond for the fish. You should get rid of all the weeds to maintain clean water for koi fish. The water temperature at least is 60 degrees Fahrenheit. It is important to develop a filtering system so that everything will be filtered and cleaned on time. Some of the materials needed for this include sponge, gravel, rocks, and sand.
Koi fish farming instruction is below:
Pond preparation and management:
Now that your pond is properly prepared and cleaned, you need to start the preparations for supply water. You can choose to use your pond water or you can use supply water from the lake.
In case you choose to use your pond water, you should check the quality of pond water for koi fish. You can also get the chemical fertilizer that is helpful for koi fish farming. The spraying and application will give good results for koi fish farming.
Koi fish breeding is a very important process in koi fish farming. To achieve this, you need to have both male and female koi fish. They have to be mature and ready for mating when the time comes. You should always ensure that the water temperature is at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit for koi fish breeding. Moreover, you can always use “post” for successful mating of those koi fish.
Classification of koi breed:
Koi fish breeding is a very important process in koi fish farming. To achieve this, you need a classification of koi. two kinds of koi are available in Bangladesh.
- Local desi koi and
- Thai koi
Using Lime & Fertilizer:
Using lime is very important. Use lime at the rate of 100 kg per acre. Use 500 kg dung per acre after applying lime. Fill the pond with water, after using organic fertilizers. And then spray 20 kg urea and 20 kg TSP (triple superphosphate) per acre by mixing with water. You can also apply directly instead of spraying with water.
You can stock the minnow of Thai koi after 5-7 days of applying organic and chemical fertilizers. If you can’t make the pond dry, then ensure there are no harmful animals or cannibalistic fish species available in the pond.
Feeding is a very important part of the Koi fish farming business. If you are not able to develop your feed, then mix commercially available fish feed with good quality organic fish food. Good organic fish food helps in maintaining the good health condition of koi fish.
One important thing is to test the koi fish food on different kinds of fish before making it available at a cost. To make sure that all the waterfowls have enough food and items to eat, you should use a floating bowl or floating feeder. you want to develop your home made feed or you can use others’ feed.
Your home made feed chart is below:
|Bone And Meat Meal||8%||50%|
Feed providing rate:
It is the most important thing to know about how much and how time should provide food. Use approximately 8% feed at first month according to the bodyweight of fish, 5% in the second month, 5% in the third month, and 3% in the fourth and fifth month. Every day should Provide the total amount of food twice a day. Food providing rate as the age for 5 months, of 1000 koi fish is blowing:
|Age (Days)||Feed (Grams)|
Other care and management:
Use salt only if the pond has a low level of water. You can use salt for every 5 to 7 days of feeding. To avoid cannibalism, it is very important to provide food in huge amounts and at the right time of feeding. Avoid using any of the harmful animals or cannibalistic fish species available in the pond.
By using this koi fish farming business idea, you can earn a lot of money. You will have to give proper care and management to the koi fish. You need to develop it as a continuous business to generate more profit from it.
Koi fish is a very popular pet. It is not only designed as a food but also as a pet. You can sell koi fish in the market or sell them online, you can even run your online shop selling koi fish. You can consider selling koi fish in the market nearby your location or develop an online shop to sell it at home, you can even set up your chain of shops for selling koi fish at various places.
10 benefits of Thai koi farming:
1. Thai koi fish is the best food for humans.
2. Thai koi fish can be sold easily as meat foods in common markets.
3. You will become very successful in this business as human demands for Thai koi fish are increasing day by day.
4. If you are not able to develop your feed, then mix commercially available fish feed with good quality organic fish food.
5. the Thai Kois growth rate is very high. this size is very big but desi local koi size is very small.
6. Thai koi fish is a very popular food fish in Bangladesh as well as in other countries around the world.
7. The demand for Thai koi fish is increasing day by day in various parts of Bangladesh.
8. It is a very healthy and strong fish which can live more than 20 years easily.
9. Thai koi fish is developed with artificial selection and hybridization of common carp species
10. You can easily do this business without the need for any big investment, you will have to give proper care.
Tips for Thai koi farming:
- Quality of water and pH are very important for koi fish farming. An acceptable range would be 6.5 to 8.5. Fish have an average blood pH of 7.4.
- Provide food in huge amounts and at the right time of feeding.
- Avoid using any of the harmful animals or cannibalistic fish species available in the pond.
- If you can’t make the pond dry, then ensure there are no harmful animals or cannibalistic fish species available in the pond.
- If you are not able to develop your feed, then mix commercially available fish feed with good quality organic fish food.
- Use net surrounding to grow koi fish pond.
- Do not feed them unless the water temperature is lower than 15oC and higher than 6oC for an extended time.
- Koi fishes have no interest in phytoplankton. So, remove the phytoplankton bloom from the water.
- koi fish farming is a type of freshwater fish farming (aquaponics)
Koi fish farming is a type of freshwater fish farming (aquaponics) there are various advantages of koi fish farming is a very popular pet and demand for it is increasing day by day. The most important thing is to test the koi fish food on different kinds of fish before making it available at a cost.
You can keep away from the risk of cannibalism by killing off small ones. Do not feed them unless the water temperature is lower than 15c and higher than 6c for an extended time.